Monday, August 25, 2008

More thrush...

This is so frustrating. I knew I would have to be on the lookout for it since we have dealt with it twice. But to be honest, I really didn't think it would come back again, at least not so soon.

I think this happened for two reasons. The main reason is that I forgot about boiling and replacing his minis(pacifiers) this time. The other is that we did the nystatin in his mouth for a week after it was gone and we probably should have gone 10-14 days. So once we stopped the nystatin, he kept using the minis which weren't sterilized or replaced and he got the thrush back.

So far, at least I am not showing signs of it. I was just about to stop doing my own medicine as I was getting to the end of one tube and figured that was when I'd stop. But last night, I opened a new tube. I have to do what it takes to keep my skin healthy so that I can keep nursing.

I am trying not to let it get me down too much. Thrush is something I am going to have to learn to live with, it seems.

No comments: